Belonging was a new identifier for me in the IDEA/DEI/DEII space but this article paints a picture of the importance of belonging and how your board can support all of your diversity and inclusion work.
1. Include DEIB as an integral part of the strategic plan. Hold the board and ED accountable for executing.
2. Identify board champions of DEIB. Give them space and resources to drive change.
3. Make sure DEIB stays on the agenda and in the budget.
4. Start small and build on successes.
5. Celebrate successes, no matter how small.
6. Bring in new board members who care about DEIB and some who have related expertise. Allow those who do not buy in to exit gracefully.