Role of the Board – Minority Pipeline Initiative
November 9 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Join us for a board training session designed to recruit and inspire people from diverse communities to serve on nonprofit boards.
People with different backgrounds and life experiences enrich board discussions and decision-making processes, leading to better outcomes than those where board members share a monolithic viewpoint or world view.
This zoom meeting features an expert panel that will share their experience, discuss the roles and responsibilities of nonprofit board members and consider challenges and opportunities facing nonprofits.
After attending this training you will have an opportunity to participate in BVU’s board matching program.
• Interest in the community
• Expertise & achievement in a select field
• Interest and readiness to serve on the board of a nonprofit organization in Northeast Ohio
• Willingness to collaborate and lead
• Vision, strategic thinking, teamwork, fundraising and personal commitment
How to get Involved:
• Attend the MPI Role of the Board (occuring twice in 2021, November 9 being the final session) or the quarterly BVU Role of the Board Training
• Enroll in BVU’s Board Matching Program during the training session
November 9 Expert Panel:
Alexandria Boone, Founder, Women of Color Foundation
Jejuana Brown, Director, Equity & Inclusion Programs, GCP
Randell McShepard, Vice President of Public Affairs & Chief Talent Officer, RPM, International, Inc.
Thank you to our Minority Pipeline Initiative Sponsors
No Charge Event