As a result of the COVID-19 social distancing recommendations, many nonprofit organizations have decided to work remotely. This is true for BVU as well. This situation creates an opportunity for employees to engage in some professional development. Some employees will have more available time because of program or service cancellations and others may just need a break in the middle of the day to focus on something other than a crisis.
Professional development is important for all nonprofit employees but is often hindered by lack of funding. BVU has put together a list of great professional development resources that are FREE. Take some time to explore your options. Enjoy!
- Nonprofit Ready – https://www.nonprofitready.org/. Choose from Over 500.
Free Learning Resources – We’ve curated hundreds of free online courses, videos, and downloadable guides to support the most common nonprofit jobs including: Fundraising, Grant Writing, Leadership, Governance, Accounting and Finance, Operations, Marketing and Communications, Volunteer Engagement, and Program Management.
- edX – https://www.edx.org/. We were founded by and continue to be governed by colleges and universities. We are the only leading MOOC provider that is both nonprofit and open source. Open edX is the open-source platform that powers edX courses and is freely available.
- All State Foundation – https://allstatefoundation.org/what-we-do/develop-nonprofit-leaders/ We are proud to join forces with Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management’s Center for Nonprofit Management to offer an online nonprofit leadership development program. The Allstate Foundation Nonprofit Leadership Center. Available for free to every nonprofit employee in the nation, the three program opportunities help take a giant leap toward giving these organizations what they need to achieve their goals.
- Grantspace by Candid – https://grantspace.org/training/. Learning opportunities designed to develop skills, practices, and behaviors which best prepare people working in the social service sector for success. Cost associated with some resources.
- Nonprofit Tech for Good https://www.nptechforgood.com/ – A Fundraising & Social Media Blog for Nonprofits
- LinkedIn Learning – one month free trial – LinkedIn Learning – Learn the most relevant skills with business, creative, and tech courses – dozens of courses added each week.