Choose a career where you can better someone else’s life, while bettering your own. The Greater Cleveland Food Bank is the largest hunger relief organization in Northeast Ohio having provided over 50 million meals in 2018 to hungry people in Cuyahoga, Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, Ashland and Richland counties. The organization’s mission is to ensure that everyone in these communities has the nutritious food they need every day.
Apply for a position at Greater Cleveland Food Bank where we offer a culture of learning and development, competitive pay and amazing benefits including Low Cost Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Generous Retirement Plan and Holiday Pay all starting on first day of hire and paid time off which starts after 90 days.
Manages and coordinates the day-to-day activities of outbound warehouse shipments, creation of daily route manifest, scheduling of pick-ups and Appian fleet management system. Performance of the following duties is done personally or through the Fleet Coordinator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This list is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Directs organization’s daily fleet operations, ensuring efficient and effective shipping of product to agencies and receiving of products from donors.
- Maintaining a high level of quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Contributing to budget development and operating within budget while identifying opportunities for cost control
- Analyzing all transportation functions and programs to ensure accuracy, efficiency, Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing solutions for all transportation functions and programs
- Ensures that labor is being allocated in a manner appropriate for the daily demand on the department and consistent with Foodbank priorities. Motivate the fleet staff to ensure efficient use of scheduling. Act in the capacity of driver, as needed or as requested.
- Strategically analyzing routing and scheduling to ensure optimum efficiency for on-time performance
- Being involved with identifying, planning, and maintaining staffing levels
- Proactively analyzing and monitoring Appian Systems to ensure all reports are accurate and timely
- Monitoring vendor audits, invoicing, equipment leases, and maintenance to ensure accuracy, proper scheduling, and compliance
- Involving team members in discussions to improve processes
- Analyzing transportation issues to determine cause/effect and implement solutions
- Ensures, through subordinate staff, that product shipped or donated is appropriately transported supporting safe food handling regulations/policies and providing superior customer service.
- Participates in and promotes interdepartmental communication and adequate information flow within the Foodbank.
- Evaluates the results of fleet operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the Director or VP of Operations.
- Maintains required job knowledge and skills and core professional competencies. Attends and participates in required educational programs and staff meetings.
- Frequently inspects fleet line and equipment, implementing changes and/or repairs that are necessary or required, ensuring that trucks and equipment are properly maintained. Analyzes purchase and repair costs to control expenditures.
- Administering Department of Transportation (DOT) safety policies and practices, analyzing cause/effect, and implementing solutions
- Ensures the drivers are following maintenance schedules and fleet housekeeping duties.
- Conducts and/or coordinates personnel training on proper safety techniques (i.e., lifting, safe equipment practices, etc).
- Follows and maintains high standards of warehouse sanitation and safety at all times. Ensure that we are compliant with the Ohio Department of Agriculture, Feeding America and AIB maintenance regulations at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Manages total of 19 employees in the Fleet department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
One year certificate from college or technical school; and four to five years supervisory experience in a transportation environment, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to exercise leadership in various internal and external relationships, including staff relations and customer service. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours including occasional weekends. Must possess outstanding leadership abilities and communication skills. Possess strong attention to detail. Proficiency in windows based computer software.
The physical requirements for this position include: Ability to remain in a near constant stationary position. Ability to move about inside the office and to access truck cab and deliver product constantly. Ability to operate a computer or other office productivity machinery constantly. Ability to ascend/descend stairs to access work spaces frequently. Ability to position or move body to access filing cabinets or other work equipment constantly. Ability to constantly be able to exchange accurate information, take and give direction and hear safety warnings. Ability to constantly inspect product, judge distance between equipment, shelves and permanent structures. Ability to frequently detect spoiled product or quality of meals. Ability to move office equipment/supplies frequently. Ability to lift 50+ lbs on a regular basis. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Don’t just apply for a job, apply at the Greater Cleveland Food Bank where our passion is feeding those in need and feeding the need for purposeful work. At the Food Bank diversity and inclusion are an important element of our culture and our organizational success.
Proud to be a North Coast 99 Employer for 2020, 2019, 2018 & 2017
Proud to be a Cleveland.com Top Workplace for 2017
To Apply, click on this link: https://clevelandfoodbank.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1560714&&&jbsrc=1023 or visit www.greaterclevelandfoodbank.org/jobs