Direct Fundraising: 10 years (Preferred)
Marketing: 10 years (Preferred)
Public relations: 10 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Vice President Institutional Advancement
Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging is an over 110-year old Cleveland-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to support caregivers and empower all people to age well through research, consumer-responsive services, and client advocacy. We are currently seeking an experienced professional to fulfill the full-time role of Vice President, Institutional Advancement.
- Responsible for integrated strategy development, execution and oversight of all fundraising, communications, public relations, event management and volunteer administration functions that support the mission of Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging (BRIA) and its subsidiaries;
- Initiates strategic relationships with potential funders, partners, and other organizations locally and nationally;
- Serves as a member of the senior management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following description is a general representation of the key duties and responsibilities of the position:
- Supervises Institutional Advancement staff team.
- Manages relationships with consultants providing resource support in marketing and communications and event planning.
- Develops strategy, coordinates and assures implementation of strategies to engage and cultivate donors and partners for contributions and partnerships to support organization mission, including annual fundraising initiatives, fundraising events, grant writing and management, planned giving, etc.;
- Engages regularly with donors, external constituents, and volunteers for purposes of cultivation, solicitation, and partnership development in support of BRIA and subsidiaries;
- Interacts regularly with the BRIA Board of Directors and Boards of Managers of the subsidiary organizations, and internal and external constituents to support revenue generation and partnerships in support of the organization and its mission;
- Assures development and maintenance of appropriate processes, operations, and IT systems in support of fundraising efforts including but not limited to donor and volunteer management, research, cultivation, gift processing, stewardship and recognition;
- Maintains accountability and compliance standards for donors, gifts processing and funding sources;
- Key staff member supporting the Board’s Institutional Advancement Committee.
- Oversees brand management for Benjamin Rose and subsidiaries;
- Provides guidance and counsel in developing marketing and communications plans to market various organizational products, services, events and information to appropriate audiences, utilizing multi-channel platforms;
- Oversees creation and development of key organizational materials for constituent information.
- Consults and provides strategy and staff support as necessary for organization departments for all BRIA events.
- Represents BRIA and subsidiary organizations at various public events, conferences and public speaking engagements.
A. Specific knowledge, training or skills required to perform the duties of this position including specific courses, training programs or required certifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Master’s degree preferred;
- Requires excellent communication (including public speaking), interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of software applications (Microsoft Office);
- Understanding of foundation and corporate philanthropic giving;
- Strong project management and organizational skills;
- Experience working with with donor management software; proficiency in Raiser’s Edge a plus.
B. Previous Experience that is necessary to qualify for this position:
- Requires 10+ years of direct fundraising, marketing and public relations experience. Experience in a nonprofit, human services setting is preferred.
C. Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment
(The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard and telephone;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work;
- Light to moderate lifting is required, up to 25 pounds;
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling;
- Regular, predictable attendance is required;
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic);
- Ability to work in a confined area;
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time;
- Work environment is stressful at times.
- Background check and drug test required.
REPORTS TO AND EVALUATED BY: President and CEO
Interested candidates should forward resume to:
Vice President Human Resources
BENJAMIN ROSE INSTITUTE ON AGING
11890 Fairhill Road
Cleveland, Ohio 44120
Printable Application Online: www.benrose.org
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Direct Fundraising: 10 years (Preferred)
- Marketing: 10 years (Preferred)
- Public relations: 10 years (Preferred)
- corporate philanthropic giving: 1 year (Preferred)
- donor management software: 1 year (Preferred)
- Raiser’s Edge: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19