Business Volunteers Unlimited is pleased to announce a Fellow Opportunity with The Literacy Cooperative.
Literacy Cooperative is seeking a Volunteer Director to help develop a system for managing volunteers and communicating with them. They would also create an orientation and training program, which tracks volunteer hours and contributions, by perhaps developing new and future volunteer roles (e.g. drafting scripts for public speaking and outreach and more).
The Literacy Cooperative began as a joint initiative of the Cleveland, George Gund and Martha Holden Jennings Foundations with a goal of addressing literacy levels, determining need, identifying solutions, and implementing a collaborative literacy plan to create an effective, seamless pathway for lifelong learning.
To learn more about The Literacy Cooperative, please visit https://www.literacycooperative.org/
Fellow role will include:
– creating the volunteers training manual
– Develop orientation and training system for volunteers
– Determine best approach or system for managing volunteers (screening, sign-up system, communication, acquiring nametags or t-shirts for identification)
– Develop system for tracking volunteer hours
– Develop means for volunteer recognition
– Possibly assist with development of new volunteer roles
Term: 300 hours over a 3-month period (September 2021 – November 2021)
Location: 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 248 Cleveland, OH 44115
The ideal candidate will have significant professional experience in curriculum development, project management, and working with volunteers. Experience in the nonprofit sector is a plus.
To be considered for this opportunity, please contact Sarah Castle (firstname.lastname@example.org) for application materials.
The BVU Fellows Program matches the talents of highly skilled professionals with local nonprofits to engage a transformative project that benefits the community.