Title: Facilities Director
Department: Facilities & Natural Resources
Job Type: Salaried Employee: Exempt
Job Status: Full-time (30 hours/week with potential to increase to 40 hours/week in future)
Reports to: President & CEO
Overall Responsibilities: The Facilities Director is responsible for overseeing the operation, safety, and maintenance of the Nature Center’s physical assets, including all building facilities, services, grounds, and trails, with a commitment to sustainable practices.
- Building Facilities: Manage and monitor the appearance, safety and functioning of all physical assets, including visitor center, pavilion, Stewardship Center, trails and parking lot. Oversee construction projects to assure top-notch condition in coordination and support of Nature Center programming.
- Maintenance: Schedule and oversee regular maintenance, cleaning and improvement of all buildings and services, including the visitor center, pavilion and Stewardship Center. Conduct hands-on maintenance and other projects as needed.
- Grounds: Supervise and coordinate Natural Resources staff for proper maintenance of trails and gardens; ensure safe conditions for programming and stewardship.
- Relationships: Interact and manage relationships with staff, vendors, contractors, city and governmental representatives, Nature Center supporters, volunteers, as well as members of the general public.
- Financial oversight: Establish annual goals, work plans, and budgets in conjunction with President and Chief Financial Officer.
- College/associate degree preferred but may be substituted with proven related experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in building facilities maintenance and management. Experience in adhering to budgets, goals, and objectives.
- Supervisory experience, including oversight and management of staff and volunteers. Value placed on tact, courtesy, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills; common sense; ability to prioritize multiple tasks, pay attention to details and problem solve. Computer skills are a must.
- Contract management and negotiation skills.
- Experience and ability to use tools and basic handyman skills.
- Flexibility, dependability, good sense of humor, resourcefulness and positive attitude.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license; ability to lift 50 lbs.; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Commitment to Nature Center mission, vision and values.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, qualifications and organizational salary structure. Includes full benefits package, progressive work environment, opportunities for professional development and flexible schedule.
Application: Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Facilities Director” in the subject line.
Deadline for application: January 29, 2021, or until filled
The mission of the Nature Center at Shaker Lakes is to conserve a natural area,
connect people with nature, and inspire environmental stewardship. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to provide a safe, welcoming, and inclusive working environment. View our mission, vision and diversity statement online at www.shakerlakes.org.