Position: Intake Specialist
Date Posted: Deadline Date: Until Filled
Report to: Ramonita Vargas, Executive Director
The Spanish American Committee (SAC) has been serving as the gateway to socioeconomic success for the Hispanic community of Greater Cleveland since 1966 and is the oldest and largest Hispanic human services agency in Ohio. SAC’s four core service programs provide family support, social services, employment, adult education, financial literacy, and housing counseling to thousands of individuals each year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with intake and referrals within the Social Services department as assigned
- Documents in an accurate, complete, and timely manner, services provided to clients in the client record as well as electronically within agency timelines.
- Demonstrate awareness and follows all safety policies and procedures, and adheres to all recommended safe work practices.
- Schedule client appointments with a social service professional and confirm all appointments within a day in advance.
- Document and maintain up-to-date information on services provided to client
- Prepare and submit case and program reports as needed.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed and direct client to the appropriate services when client needs are outside of the Social services scope.
- Conduct one-on-one Intake Assessments with new Clients.
- Screening process utilizing a bio-psycho-social assessment to determine each client to determine need for treatment and level of care.
- Manage crisis situations, complete risk assessment and take appropriate action
- Manage phone lines and answer calls regarding the intake of client’s.
- Serve as a back up for the receptionist during her breaks, lunch hours and when she is out of the office.
- Monitoring of wait list clients to ensure that mental health services are provided within a timely manner.
- Bachelor degree completed with emphasis: Psychology; Social Services, Social Work,
- Minimum 1 year work experience with direct services with Families and children’s
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Hispanic Culture
- Knowledgeable of patient rights and laws pertaining to mental health
- The ability to relate knowledgeably and sensitively to clients and their families.
- Extensive knowledge community resources.
- Ability to transmit knowledge.
- Ability to organize and manage a diverse assignment.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use the computer competently, efficiently, and effectively
- Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively and productively work with people of very diverse economic, cultural, and administrative backgrounds.
- Must be able to form good working and therapeutic relationships.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and the ability to maintain confidentiality following The Social Work Code of Ethics.
Final applicant is required to complete background check and hold a valid driver’s license and local travel required. This position required proficient in English and Spanish. If interested, please submit your request for consideration in writing, along with your resume and salary history to: Attn: Ramonita Vargas, Executive Director, email@example.com, The Spanish American Committee, 4407 Lorain Ave., Cleveland, Oh. 44113, or Fax to 216-961-9468