Choose a career where you can better someone else’s life, while bettering your own. The Greater Cleveland Food Bank is the largest hunger relief organization in Northeast Ohio having provided over 50 million meals in 2019 to hungry people in Cuyahoga, Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, Ashland and Richland counties. The organization’s mission is to ensure that everyone in these communities has the nutritious food they need every day.
Apply for a position at Greater Cleveland Food Bank where we offer a culture of learning and development, competitive pay and amazing benefits including Low Cost Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Generous Retirement Plan and Holiday Pay all starting on first day of hire and paid time off which starts after 90 days.
This positon will focus on managing, developing and expanding programs in the Greater Cleveland Food Bank’s (GCFB) service territory. The Programs Manager will work closely with the Director of Programs and Applicable Departments to identify underserved areas. Emphasis of expansion on current programs such as Kids Café/ Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) and Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). Additional focus will be geared toward creating new programs to address the emerging needs in low income areas or as outlined in the GCFB’s strategic plan. The Programs Manager ensures that GCFB programs meet the needs of the Food Bank’s customers and researches and implements new initiatives to address the changing needs of agencies and their clients. Manages the direction of programs operated by GCFB through daily supervision of subordinate staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This list is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Expand the Food Bank’s reimbursable programs. Work with Planning Analyst to identify underserved areas. Partner with existing community programs and look at areas to collaborate several programs in one. Work with operations staff and kitchen staff as new programs are brought on, making sure our capacity can sustain all future expansion.
- Responsible for the day to day management and compliance of the GCFB’s programs. Including Backpack for Kids, Kids Cafes/CACFP, SFSP and new initiatives.
- Launch new program initiatives, working closely with the Director of Programs.
- Coordinate annual evaluation of all Food Bank programs with the Director of Programs and Program Coordinator.
- Attend/complete online all Ohio Department of Education (ODE) trainings for reimbursable programs.
- Work with Development to provide grant information on programs.
- Work within the national network agreement (Feeding America) to keep programs compliant with national guidelines. Network with other Food Bank’s and share best practices on program development.
- In partnership with appropriate management staff, coordinate efforts to evaluate the effectiveness of programs to meet the needs and capacity of sponsored sites.
- Maintains required job knowledge, skills and core professional competencies. Attends and participates in required educational programs and staff meetings.
- Act as backup in the absence of the Director of Programs.
- Responsible for monitoring, data/statistical collection, completing and filing financial reports from appropriate agencies and maintaining records and files of all Programs.
- Ensure that Food Bank programs conform to local, state and Feeding America’s regulations.
- Serve on community boards and committees when appropriate.
- Supervises Program Coordinator, Program Assistants and any AmeriCorps VISTAs.
- Responsible for program evaluation. Work with Director of Programs and Program Coordinator to develop, administer and compile survey results.
- Collect information from Program Coordinator and Assistants to register all sites with ODE for the CACFP and SFSP programs.
- Renew CACFP and SFSP applications annually with Director of Programs.
- Work with Director of Programs in creating FY budget and dashboards forecasting monthly trends for programs.
- Track monthly meal counts and attendance to prepare ODE claims for reimbursement.
- Prepare and disseminate compliance reports with external entities, including:
- US Dept. of Agriculture – Ohio Dept. of Education (CACFP)
- CACFP Application
- CACFP Sponsor Claim Recap
- US Dept. of Agriculture – Ohio Dept. of Education (SFSP)
- SFSP Application
- SFSP Sponsor Claim Recap
- Track data for children’s programs. Provide information to Accounting, IT and Development for monthly organizational dashboards.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Supervises the Program Assistants and Programs Coordinator. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing issues as they arise.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College/University required. Three years management experience in social services/programs; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervisory experience required in human services/ non-profit (preferred). Previous database management experience a plus. ServSafe Certified required. Unencumbered State Driver’s License required.
Don’t just apply for a job, apply at the Greater Cleveland Food Bank where our passion is feeding those in need and feeding the need for purposeful work. At the Food Bank diversity and inclusion are an important element of our culture and our organizational success.
Proud to be a North Coast 99 Employer for 2018 & 2017
Proud to be a Cleveland.com Top Workplace for 2017
To Apply, click on this link: https://clevelandfoodbank.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1366522&&&jbsrc=1023 or visit www.greaterclevelandfoodbank.org/jobs