Are you interested in using your skillset to make a difference in the Cleveland community by joining one of the Nonprofit Times’ Best Nonprofits to Work For in 2019? If you firmly believe in the Providence House mission of supporting families through crisis, are committed to achieving racial equity and social justice, value communication and collaboration, and want to be a part of a growing organization, we’d love to have you join our team as our Maintenance Technician!
Under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing all duties related to the daily upkeep and safety of the houses and grounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily inspection of Providence House owned properties, grounds and houses; including playgrounds and parking lots. Perform all necessary repairs, clean up, etc. as necessary based on inspection.
- Removal of garbage and litter from all building and grounds areas including offices, kitchens, childcare areas and exterior of houses. Monitor and recommend additional dumpster pick up as needed.
- Up-keep of all landscaping areas including cutting grass, trimming bushes, weeding, flower beds, etc. including leaf and snow removal as needed by season.
- Handle all general house repairs, upkeep of equipment/furniture, and general maintenance of office and childcare areas such as painting, moving furniture, etc. as needed. Recommend additional repairs or professional service calls as needed.
- Handle all major cleaning projects such as carpet cleaning, window cleaning, floor waxing, office area vacuuming, etc. as needed
- Report, log and complete all maintenance work orders and file all receipts with the Facilities Supervisor.
- Assist with transportation of goods to warehouse, Providence House properties and donor locations.
- Assist with transportation needs for staff, children, programs and other delegated tasks.
- Assist with intake and storage of donations and vendor deliveries.
- Maintain storage inventories for food, donations, and maintenance materials.
- Order housekeeping supplies and project materials in a timely manner.
- Participate in recommending department expenses for annual budget.
- Perform regular inspection and recommended maintenance of smoke detectors, CO detectors and fire extinguishers.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Facilities Supervisor and/or Facilities Director
Required Education and Experience
- 21 years of age or older; High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Two years of building maintenance experience at minimum
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Must be mechanically inclined with a working knowledge of heating, air conditioning, plumbing, electrical and general building improvements and repairs.
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off (PTO), quarterly self-care days, and paid holidays to help promote a healthy work-life balance. We also offer medical insurance, company sponsored dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and a life insurance policy as well as a 403(b) investment plan. By empowering our team, we help to better support the families we serve and together strengthen communities for every child.
Providence House is committed to promoting a diverse environment and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities may be made to perform the essential functions of the job.
Apply here: https://www.provhouse.org/jobs/maintenance-technician