Choose a career where you can better someone else’s life, while bettering your own. The Greater Cleveland Food Bank is the largest hunger relief organization in Northeast Ohio having provided over 50 million meals in 2018 to hungry people in Cuyahoga, Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, Ashland and Richland counties. The organization’s mission is to ensure that everyone in these communities has the nutritious food they need every day.
Apply for a position at Greater Cleveland Food Bank where we offer a culture of learning and development, competitive pay and amazing benefits including Low Cost Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Generous Retirement Plan and Holiday Pay all starting on first day of hire and paid time off which starts after 90 days.
The Corporate Relations Manager oversees the operations of the Food Bank’s cause-related marketing campaign and events which brings awareness of the issue of hunger and raises funds to support the needs of our clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This list is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Support all CRM efforts on the Food Bank’s behalf, including all Feeding America-related initiatives.
- Assist cause-related marketing partners with promotion and execution of all related events including coordinating Food Bank communications, providing materials, and working with the Director of Communications on any media opportunities.
- Cultivate all current CRM relationships and build new innovative cause-related marketing relationships
- Create and execute creative outreach strategies to attract new CRM
- Identify and track new potential CRM partners locally, as well as through the Feeding America network.
- Partner with the Communications team to promote CRM campaigns through social media and the website
- Ensure that CRM and other donor gifts associated with this position are recognized and thanked appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Pro-actively recruit businesses, and organizations to host events or cause-related marketing campaigns on behalf of the Food Bank by personal outreach to organizations and groups.
- Review and update the Cause Related Marketing Guidelines & Agreement annually, and ensure compliance with all guidelines
- Lead all efforts for Check Out Hunger (COH) campaign as part of the annual Harvest for Hunger campaign – raising approximately $1.5 million annually.
- Manage the COH promotion, including packing and distribution of materials to all stores and food bank partners.
- Coordinate with store leadership and chain contacts throughout the campaign, set up meetings and develop agendas with the grocery store partners, and execute with the internal Harvest for Hunger team and other food bank partners.
- Execute on recognition and cultivation activities, and work with store contacts to create and implement new fundraising strategies.
- Manage the customer service arm of the campaign, coordinating the work of internal staff and volunteers on all COH-related activities.
- Provide COH-related information for Philanthropy Committee meetings in an effort to encourage their participation in the Harvest for Hunger campaign.
- Manage COH material packaging and logistics with all participation retailers.
- Work with the Sr. Manager of Corporate Relations and the Director of Development to reconcile Raiser’s Edge, including coding gifts and following up on pledges.
- Partner with the Finance team and identify accurate reports on pass-through revenue and check requests for partner food banks
- Maintain required job knowledge and skills and core professional competencies. Attend and participate in required educational programs and staff meetings.
- Provide support for Market at the Food Bank and Taste of the Browns – including auction item solicitation
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; and 1 to 2 years of experience with fund development, marketing, and/or event planning (preferably in a non-profit setting); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Willingness to work beyond normal working hours if necessary, including evenings and weekends. Excellent writing and analytical skills, deadline oriented and strong attention to detail. Strong organization skills with ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time. Ability to work well in a team atmosphere; ability to work independently, as a team player and with a diverse group of people. Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and a CRM database – experience with Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online software preferred.
Must be willing and able to travel for the organization with short notice. Valid Ohio driver’s license, car insurance and access to a car for appointments, occasional picks up, events, etc..
The physical requirements for this position include: Ability to frequently remain in a stationary position. Ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. frequently. Ability to operate a computer or other office productivity machinery constantly. Occasional ability to ascend/descend stairs to access work spaces. Occasional ability to position or move body to access filing cabinets or other work equipment. Ability to constantly exchange accurate information and communicate in person or via telephone with clients, partners, donors, coworkers and other members of the community. Must be able to constantly view a computer screen. Ability to move office equipment/supplies occasionally. Ability to lift 10-25 lbs on a regular basis. Travel is frequently required for this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Don’t just apply for a job, apply at the Greater Cleveland Food Bank where our passion is feeding those in need and feeding the need for purposeful work. At the Food Bank diversity and inclusion are an important element of our culture and our organizational success.
Proud to be a North Coast 99 Employer for 2020, 2019, 2018 & 2017
Proud to be a Cleveland.com Top Workplace for 2017
To Apply, click on this link: https://clevelandfoodbank.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1603565&&&jbsrc=1024 or visit www.greaterclevelandfoodbank.org/jobs