Primary Responsibilities: The Families First Manager is responsible for supervising/managing, directing, and leading all employment and training services, social services, and educational service components provided under the Spanish American Committee. The Families First Manager is charged with implementing all activities and services in accordance with specified objectives and ensure the continuous development and delivery of the given services and programs under the Families First Department. Reviews reports and records of activities, services and/or changes methodology as required. Responsible for all reports related to program. Control expenditures in accordance with budget allocations.
Reports to: Ramonita Vargas, Chief Executive Officer
Essential Job Functions, responsibilities:
- Direct/coordinate personally, or through staff within the program, activities and services concerned with implementation and carrying out objectives of program.
- Develop and curate new partnerships with businesses that can support the Workforce Development services provided under the program.
- Provide ongoing assessments of the program/services ensuring high-quality service delivery, including evaluating resources and practices.
- Research and seek funding opportunities that can support the various services provided under the program.
- Collect and report data regarding client outcomes to monitor and improve program effectiveness while also ensuring proper collection and reporting of client data and demographics for reporting.
- Manage, direct, guide, and lead staff within the Families First department to ensure continuous program functionality and progressive development and delivery of service.
- Prepare program data and reports for all required services under the Families First Program.
- Ensuring the delivery of qualitative and quantitative goals and outcomes of programs and services while monitoring the effectiveness of services delivered.
- Oversee SNAP 50/50 Program requirements and preparation for invoicing.
- Ensure all staff in various areas of social service, workforce, and education are properly credentialed where appropriate; handle personnel/confidential issues with diplomacy and professionalism.
- Manage program specific marketing on various platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Website)
- Oversee program performance with Jobs, job fairs, Case Management, GED and external partnerships to facilitate and enrich the development of recruitment strategies that attract potential program partners, including employers.
- Monitor all programs to ensure compliance with all organizational standards, rules/guidelines.
- When necessary and fitting, attend community events.
- Remain in compliance with all grant contracts/agreements and all partnerships of the program.
- Demonstrate experience working in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork, collegiality and self-motivation are necessary for success.
- Maintain clear channels of communication with staff, volunteers, and program participants.
- Write and review job descriptions annually for staff within the program and conduct performance evaluations.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Work Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Urban Studies, Social Work, or similar field, and/or a minimum 2-4 years of work experience in job social services, job placement/workforce development, or Economic Development.
- Must have 2-4 years of progressive leadership experience in education, workforce development, economic development, or similar fields.
- Salesforce knowledge and experience preferred.
- Must have prior management experience supervising and leading a team of 3 employees or more.
- Must have excellent computer skills and competency working with Microsoft.
- Must have experience in data collection, compiling and creating reports.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in both English and Spanish.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Display strong presentation and communication skills to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to be self-motivating and execute assigned task.
If interested, please submit your request for consideration in writing, along with your resume and salary history to: Attn: Ramonita Vargas,
Chief Executive Officer
The Spanish American Committee
4407 Lorain Ave., Cleveland, Oh. 44113