The Executive Director holds the key leadership position in the organization. Under the authority of the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director assumes complete responsibility for carrying out the organization’s mission through the implementation of its programs, services and class activities to ensure a quality educational experience. The Executive Director is responsible for the management of all staff members and volunteers.
- Facilitates the Leadership Experience in the Adult, Heritage and Youth Programs including planning and organizing Orientation, Retreat, Heritage and Graduation Days. This would include working with class teams to identify emerging issues, develop the class day format, implement class plans, and analyzing group interaction throughout the year.
- Interacts and strategizes with Board of Trustees and staff to provide efficient use of resources and effective communications, reporting to the Board of Trustees on activities and assisting in decisionmaking on issues that potentially impact the program. Prepares procedure statements for board
- Manages and executes all fundraising activities of the organization.
- Hires, supervises, motivates, and evaluates staff while setting clear and realistic results-orientated goals. Coordinates with the Alumni/Communications & Heritage Program Coordinators on administrative details, communications, and organizational functions.
- Provides both an internal and external scan of community and networks to identify emerging issue that affect the organization.
- Leads the recruitment and selection of class participants.
- Collaborates with committees in furthering the mission of the organization. Assists with joint programming efforts for alumni and class members.
- Administers the funds of the organization, according to the budget and requirements set forth and approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Represents Leadership Geauga County at community and alumni events, national and regional Leadership events, and class days. Promotes public awareness of Leadership Geauga County through distribution of press releases, presentations to community groups, and physical presence in the community.
- Fosters relationships with other Leadership programs to enhance local programming and to provide additional opportunities to Leadership Geauga class, board, and alumni.
- Develop and implement strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Compile and or develop materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
- Monitor progress of fundraising drives.
- Cultivate donor relationships for short- and long-term financial support of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Knowledge of Geauga County with the ability to successfully interact with business, government, social service, civic, education and agricultural leaders.
- Facilitation skills with a background in group work, education, and/or non-profit management.
- Demonstrated fundraising and sales skills.
- Strategic thinking skills, with demonstrated success in developing and implementing short and long-term goals with measurable results.
- Leverage volunteers to deliver on the mission and the goals of the organization.
- Ability to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite or equivalent.
- Exceptional written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively.
ABOUT LEADERSHIP GEAUGA COUNTY
Founded in 1995, Leadership Geauga County is a community-based 501c3 nonprofit organization working to develop and encourage current and future leaders from a cross section of Geauga County. The organization builds bridges between the public, private, and non-profit sectors with annual programs that inform, educate, connect, and inspire the county’s seasoned and future decision-makers to serve as catalysts in building strong organizations and vibrant communities. LGC programs are a unique combination of relationship building, leadership development, personal and professional growth, and outstanding community education.
For further information on Leadership Geauga visit the Leadership Geauga website at leadershipgeauga.org.
To apply submit a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to candidates whose resumes are submitted by 2/1/2021 but resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.