(CDL NOT REQUIRED)
The Cleveland Kids’ Book Bank is growing! We are seeking a Driver/Warehouse Assistant who will focus on delivering books to community partners in Cuyahoga, Lorain, and Summit Counties. Deliveries will range from dropping multiple pallets at a single location, unloading boxes of books, tables, signage, and chairs for community events, and picking up books to bring to the warehouse for sorting and packing. This is a full-time position, and we anticipate that this individual’s work time will be split with 75% on deliveries and 25% assisting in the warehouse. The company vehicle is a 15-foot box truck, CDL not required.
Specific responsibilities include
1) Loads all orders on the truck for the delivery schedule.
2) Delivers book orders to community partners as scheduled and as needed.
3) Picks up book donations and loads them into the warehouse.
4) Checks to ensure orders are accurate and complete based on order invoices and reports.
5) Provides excellent customer service to community partners when delivering or picking up books.
6) Communicates regularly with Warehouse Inventory Coordinator about issues, concerns or
suggestions regarding deliveries and pickups.
7) Assists in a warehouse environment when schedule slows or as needed.
8) Follows maintenance schedules and housekeeping duties of the truck, such as regular cleaning,
oil changes, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Unencumbered Driver License with 2-4 years of driving experience mandatory.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate a forklift and tow motor (KBB will provide training).
- Personal experience living and or working in communities we serve, particularly Cleveland
- Deep understanding of and appreciation for the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Gmail.
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly rate of $17.00
- Eligible for annual bonus
- Annual performance review with potential for merit increase
- Health care reimbursement plan
- Paid holidays and vacation
Tuesday through Friday between 8:00-4:30 and Saturdays between 8:00-3:00.
The Kids’ Book Bank Culture
We are a small but mighty team making a difference for kids in Greater Cleveland! We are always
thinking of creative ways to get more books to more children and to foster that love of reading that
makes such a difference in a child’s future. The Kids’ Book Bank has been successful because we are
willing to try new approaches, reach out to new partners, and forge a new path. Each of us who works
here is deeply passionate about this work. We are collaborative, creative, and respectful of one another.
And we love a good laugh!
To apply, send your resume to HR@kidsbookbank.org. Applications will be accepted through June 15, 2021.
The Cleveland Kids’ Book Bank is an equal opportunity employer. We make hiring decisions without
regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
or medical condition