REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
The Director of Programs is responsible for providing leadership and direction within the Spanish American Committee by implementing and evaluating programs with emphasis on measurable outcomes using data and best practices; prioritization of programmatic objectives, activities, and budget needs. Further, development of financial resources to support prioritized areas of work, continuation and development of team-based approaches, integration of programmatic activities as well as effective use of staff capacity, and promotion of shared accountability. The individual must be an effective leader and works independently and collaboratively with staff, volunteers, and the board to develop, manage, and implement all organizational activities. The director of programs will encompass leadership across all programs: Families First Program (encompassing education, social service, and workforce), Mi Casa Housing, and Little Footsteps Child Enrichment Center. Overseeing coordinators of the given program areas, the individual will further oversee in the following areas: overall programming execution, technical assistance to staff, partners, and clients, research and evaluation, reporting for organization and grants as well as contract management, meeting development and implementation metrics and goals, and resource development. The Director of Programs position requires a proven, forward-thinking, and dynamic individual to provide proactive leadership and vision in developing new, innovative services.
The director of programs is responsible for managing the day-to-day operation necessary to ensure that the organization achieves its objectives develops successful program strategies and is responsible for the effective implementation of direct service programs as directed by the vision of the organizational mission put forth by the Chief Executive Officer. The director of Operations provides leadership in establishing a culture of accountability and working to benchmark program success, increasing the number of services offered to disadvantage clients in relation to organizational mission through the development and evaluation of program objectives and outcomes.
- Supervises, develops, and evaluates Program Managers, Coordinators, and Assistants.
- Evaluates and recommends improvements in program processes and procedures. Identifies and replicates best practices among program areas.
- Interact with executive leadership and staff to maintain consistent understanding of project status and deliverables and identify variances and errors to ensure sound fiscal management of programs.
- Works with Executive Director to address financial needs of programs and identify potential donors.
- Engage in national-, state-, and local-level relationship building to increase the organizations visibility and ensure strategic programmatic and organizational growth.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of program information required for donor proposals and reports.
- Ensure compliance for all program grants and contracts; work with grants team to implement and/or improve reporting tools; and ensure timely, accurate reports and communications to funders.
- Develop and implement a system to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of all staff.
- Implement a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
- Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
- Manages the development and maintenance of organizational data systems.
- Responsible for the oversight of the volunteer recruitment and training process.
- Attends all meetings in the absence of the Executive Director, also responsible for setting up the monthly staff meetings.
- Performs other similar or related duties as necessary.
- Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s degree in business, education, or counseling or relevant experience. Experience with program development, implementation, and management. Demonstrated experience with information systems, financial development, budget development, and Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong managerial skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with diverse patient population.
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
- Proficient in using Salesforce and similar CRM database tools and experience working with information technology to develop and implement program evaluation systems
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, and Outlook.
- Disclaimer: “Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.”
Please send your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org