The Gathering Place, a Cleveland based not for profit, seeks a Director of Marketing to oversee our efforts in increase market awareness and utilization of its services for those on a cancer journey in Northeast Ohio. The Gathering Place is a caring community that supports, educates and empowers individuals and families touched by cancer. All programs are delivered free of charge through the generosity of donors and supporters.
The Director of Marketing plays a critical role in the overall success of the agency and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all of The Gathering Place’s marketing , communications, and public relations strategies and activities, both external and internal. Oversee development and implementation of support materials and services related to TGP’s programs and development efforts.
- Use research to develop, implement and measure strategies
- Oversee social media strategy and implementation including SEO and digital marketing
- Manage the agency’s website; ensure ease of use, accuracy and relevance
- In partnership with Chief Program Officer develop and market agency programming across all channels
- In partnership with Chief Development Officer develop messaging and tools to advance development activities to achieve fundraising goals – this includes but is not limited to Race for the Place, Annual Fund, Warehouse, etc.
- Develop thought leadership pieces such as a blog, newsletters for the professional healthcare community.
- Provide a monthly report to the Board Marketing Committee and TGP Management team which highlights upcoming marketing activities and results from prior actions.
- Plan and lead strategic marketing campaigns, agency communications calendar, digital strategy and advertising/media schedule.
Strong Writer & Strategic Thinker
- Create succinct, well-crafted, engaging content across all channels
- Proactively think through potential opportunities and collaborate to develop innovative and unique content/programming messages
- Create eye-catching and unique images which represent the essence of the agency incorporating participant images and stories
Consumer Insights & Trends
- Champion new ways of gaining consumer insight to result in increased participation and donor support
- Utilize external feedback from participants, healthcare partners, and community to develop communications strategies and messaging.
- Collaborate across the agency to identify marketing/ communications needs
- Engage internal and external teams to provide guidance to marketing/ communications solutions
- Develop and monitor annual Marketing/ Communications Budget
- Establish metrics which track effectiveness of Marketing/Communications spend
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- This is sedentary work requiring the exertion of up to ten (10) pounds of force occasionally and some light work and lifting requiring the exertion of up to 20 pounds occasionally; work requires sitting, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, standing, fingering, grasping and repetitive motions; vocal communication; hearing, and visual acuity. Employee is not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
Please forward resumes of interested candidates to: