Milestones Autism Resources is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals on the autism spectrum by educating, coaching and connecting the autism community.
We offer candidates the chance to make an immediate impact as part of an engaged, passionate team that presents an annual national conference, curates a website of over 1,400 resources, provides a free autism Helpdesk and offers consultation services and trainings to the autism community.
We are a family-focused organization with a passionate and supportive team. We will work with the right candidate for a flexible work-life balance especially during the COVID pandemic.
Position Summary: The Development Assistant will work as part of a Development Team to implement fundraising efforts to support the mission and programs of the organization as needed. The Development Assistant will report to the Development Director. The major responsibilities include: managing a Salesforce CRM database of donors; grants support; providing administrative support for donor relations/stewardship efforts. This position is full-time, and requires availability for occasional evening or weekend meetings and events.
The major areas of responsibility are:
-Manage Salesforce CRM database of donors including:
- Data entry of donor information
- Syncing data from outside platforms to Salesforce
- Creating donor reports and lists
- Analyze donor data to assess the success of development campaigns
-Administrative support for committee/donor meetings, donor communication and stewardship
-Conduct prospect and donor research (includes individual and corporate sponsors)
-Liaison to online fundraising platform; manage the platform and provide support for the peer to peer solicitors
- Maintain the grants calendar
- Coordinate staff input for applications and reports
-Assist with special events
-Other duties as specified
An applicant should be committed to the mission of Milestones Autism Resources and have demonstrated fundraising experience. Specific qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) and a minimum of 1-3 years relevant development experience
- Experience with Salesforce or development/CRM and fundraising auction software
- Proficient in word, excel, database entry and reporting, mail merge programs (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and efficient
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Discrete with ability to handle confidential information related to individual clients
- Strong contributor in team environments and productive working independently
- Experience in deadline-driven environments
- Handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Detail oriented
- Social media expertise is helpful but not required
If you identify with our values and feel strongly that you could contribute to our team, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references through indeed.com.
We value a culture of collaboration and professional and personal growth for all team members.
Milestones provides a competitive salary, healthcare, paid time off that increases with tenure, and a generous company holiday schedule. Due to COVID, our team is currently working remotely. Milestones is providing computers and tech support to accommodate all staff.
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
- Physical requirements associated with office working environment
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
Location for work: Presently remote. Any possible return to in-person work would include strict social distancing and safety precautions. Milestones business offices are located in Warrensville Heights.
Position: Full-time, salary based on experience, non-exempt.
Milestones is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Milestones will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act
Amendments Act of 2008.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Milestones is an at-will employer, which means that either party is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $42,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- If you are interested in this position, please make sure you reply and include your cover letter, resume and three professional references.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19