Choose a career where you can better someone else’s life, while bettering your own. The Greater Cleveland Food Bank is the largest hunger relief organization in Northeast Ohio having provided over 50 million meals in 2018 to hungry people in Cuyahoga, Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, Ashland and Richland counties. The organization’s mission is to ensure that everyone in these communities has the nutritious food they need every day.
Apply for a position at Greater Cleveland Food Bank where we offer a culture of learning and development, competitive pay and amazing benefits including Low Cost Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Generous Retirement Plan and Holiday Pay all starting on first day of hire and paid time off which starts after 90 days.
Responsible for directing, coordinating, maintaining and controlling an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of the organization in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and with financial management practices appropriate for non-profit organizations. Performance of the following duties is done personally or through subordinate staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This list is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Lead all day to day accounting functions, including A/R, A/P, G/L reconciliations, grant and fund accounting, and fixed assets.
- Serve as the financial expert in the organizations accounting software: assess and integrate other accounting programs, add-ons and services as needed.
- Supervise the overall operations of the accounting function to enforce and ensure consistent application of generally accepted accounting principles and organization policies.
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are followed in the accounting department and also in other departments to ensure all transactions follow GAAP.
- Responsible for the monthly closing process: maintain list of required journal entries; ensure completion and accuracy of journal entries; provide accurate and timely summaries; and complete all assigned bank reconciliations and account reconciliations.
- Prepare the monthly financial package including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Variance Analysis, and Operational Dashboard.
- Manage the general ledger system. Each month, export the actual revenue and expense detail into the Powerplan Budget software. Ensure the actual data in Powerplan balances to the general ledger. Direct the monthly budget variance reporting process with the management staff using the data in Powerplan.
- Ensure financial compliance and reporting with all internal and external sources (i.e., governmental agencies, Feeding America and other revenue-based contracts). Review all reports prior to submission to governing authorities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of submission.
- Responsible for tracking spending on restricted gifts throughout the year and preparing the year end Net Asset roll forward.
- Lead the annual audit. Ensure the accounting records and reports are in compliance with GAAP and government regulations. Assist external auditors as appropriate.
- Coordinate tax reporting information for the 990 with the external auditors.
- Prepare the monthly inventory roll-forward and investigate any errors. Recommend financial accounting policies or procedures for improving the operation.
- Support the Inventory Manager with financial and system guidance for proper inventory control. Perform monthly audits of the cycle count program to ensure integrity of the program.
- Prepare the year-end inventory roll-forward for valuation purposes for the audited financial statements.
- Lead annual budgeting process by assisting staff in preparing detailed revenue and expenditure projections.
- Maintain good working relationships with co-workers, auditors, banking institutions, as well as other financial entities.
- Responsible for completing and submitting reports including: Expense Invoice (TEFAP, Expense Invoice (CSFP) and Financial Statements for the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services; Financial Statements, Monthly Food Value with Stats (last day of quarter) and Monthly Food Value with Stats (45 days after end of quarter) for the Ohio Association of Foodbanks; Monthly Outcomes and & Invoices for the ODFJFS-SNAP.
- Ensure all checks are processed via remote capture daily and all cash is handled according to company policy.
- Maintain required job knowledge and skills and core professional competencies. Attend and participate in required educational programs and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
This position supervises the Accountant, FP&A Analyst and Accounting Associate
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent required; CPA required, Masters preferred. Five to Ten years of finance/accounting experience with 3-5 years of experience managing financial accounting professionals. Thorough knowledge of financial and accounting practices and procedures. Understanding of governmental regulations and reporting requirements. Broad based knowledge of the non-profit business environment.
The physical requirements for this position include: Ability to frequently remain in a stationary position. Occasional ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Ability to operate a computer or other office productivity machinery frequently. Ability to ascend/descend stairs to access work spaces on seldom occasions. Ability to position or move body to access filing cabinets or other work equipment on seldom occasions. Ability to frequently exchange accurate information and communicate in person or via telephone with clients, partners, donors, coworkers and other members of the community. Must be able to frequently view a computer screen. Ability to move office equipment/supplies on seldom occasions. Ability to lift 10-25 lbs on a regular basis. Travel is seldom required for this position. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Don’t just apply for a job, apply at the Greater Cleveland Food Bank where our passion is feeding those in need and feeding the need for purposeful work. At the Food Bank diversity and inclusion are an important element of our culture and our organizational success.
Proud to be a North Coast 99 Employer for 2020, 2019, 2018 & 2017
Proud to be a Cleveland.com Top Workplace for 2017
To Apply, click on this link: https://clevelandfoodbank.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1577765&&&jbsrc=1023 or visit www.greaterclevelandfoodbank.org/jobs