Community Outreach Director
The Cleveland Kids’ Book Bank is growing! We are seeking a Community Outreach Director who will focus on the growth, design, implementation and evaluation of our programs and community partnerships. This new position will ensure that KBB continues to meet Cleveland’s needs by being present in the community, nurturing relationships throughout Cleveland, assessing and expanding the impact of our work, and bringing enthusiasm and passion to our organization. This is a full-time position, and we anticipate that this individual will spend half of each week in the field.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage existing program partnerships, establish new program initiatives and expand programs as needed.
- Create information and materials needed to market programs to new partners.
- Establish collaborative relationships with community partners through clear communication and regularly attending community events.
- Travel regularly throughout the geographic area we serve, conducting research and outreach to expand KBB’s impact.
- Establish strategic relationships with schools, educational service centers and other large organizations focused on education.
- Explore and expand partnerships with other organizations focused on literacy.
- Represent KBB in the community by clearly communicating our vision, value and services in relevant public presentations or other appropriate opportunities.
- Working with the Executive Director, create an assessment tool to use when considering new programs.
- Evaluate effectiveness of and participation in KBB programs by creating, distributing, and analyzing annual partner survey.
- Make recommendations for new programs and program changes based on partner feedback.
- Regularly share this feedback with staff to ensure programs are growing and changing as needed to meet community needs.
- Work with KBB team to ensure organizational quality standards are met.
- Work with team to ensure partner orders are fulfilled properly.
- Work with team to coordinate large partner pickups/deliveries of books
- Assist Executive Director in development and management of program budgets.
- Work closely with development staff to identify funding opportunities. Ensure program information and materials are readily available for grant applications and donor reports.
- Compile program statistics on a quarterly basis.
Ideal candidates will have these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in a social service field, nonprofit management or education.
- 5-7 years of working experience with grassroots and nonprofit organizations that serve children in the Cleveland area.
- Strong skills and experience in analyzing data.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs and mail, databases.
- Personal experience living or working in communities we serve; i.e., Cleveland neighborhoods.
- Deep understanding of and appreciation for the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion.
The Kids’ Book Bank Culture
We are a small but mighty team making a difference for kids in Cleveland! We are always thinking of creative ways to get more books to more children and to foster that love of reading that makes such a difference in a child’s future. KBB has been successful because we are willing to try new approaches, reach out to new partners, and forge a new path. Each of us who works here is deeply passionate about this work. We are collaborative, creative and respectful of one another. And we love a good laugh!
If you’re passionate about making a positive impact on the city you love, join us!
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to HR@kidsbookbank.org.
Applications will be accepted through February 15, 2021.
The Cleveland Kids’ Book Bank is an equal opportunity employer. We make hiring decisions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or medical condition.