Position Description: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Background: Coach Sam’s Inner Circle Foundation (“CSICF” or “Coach Sam’s”), which operates as Coach Sam’s Scholars, has an exciting opportunity for an individual who has a passionate interest in helping at-risk children develop their crucial literacy skills. Our organization was founded in 2009, by former Cleveland Browns Coach Sam Rutigliano and Dr. Greg Collins of the Cleveland Clinic to provide educational and social-emotional support to children through a combination of literacy, personal development, and health and fitness programs designed to develop the whole child. To implement our mission, Coach Sam’s provides after school programming using paid tutors implementing a unique culturally appropriate and proprietary curriculum developed for Coach Sam’s. While our after school programming focuses on early primary school learners, we have been implementing new programming to address other learning needs for students in other age groups.
Position Summary: The Coach Sam’s Scholars Executive Director position requires the successful candidate to be a leader in our fund-raising activities while coordinating with our academic director, school administrators, our tutors and site coordinators. On a day-to-day basis the Executive Director must ensure the smooth operation of the programing, as well as lead fundraising and community communication efforts. The salary package is negotiable and competitive. The following is a partial list of job responsibilities.
Executive Director Job Responsibilities:
- Takes initiative in developing and successfully implementing fund-raising programs.
- Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances, and performance trends.
- Plans, organizes and directs the organization’s operations and programs.
- Leads communication programs to stakeholders through various channels.
- Oversees and reports on the organization’s results for the Board of Directors.
- Leads budgeting and forecasting for the organization.
- Provides leadership to and manages the efforts of educational staff to ensure successful programs.
- Retains a diverse, highly qualified staff by providing career coaching, growth, and personal development for workers.
- Ensures that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
Executive Director Key Qualifications:
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and strategic thinking.
- Ability to professionally represent the organization in the community at events and in one-on-one meetings with donors.
- Ability to successfully raise funds.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as needed, while continuing to collaborate with Board and Staff.
- Enthusiastic with a commitment to improving the lives of at-risk children through the implementation of Coach Sam’s Mission.
- Effective at leveraging productivity (Word, Excel, etc.), social media, and customer relationship management applications.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Preferred: Non-profit experience.
Compensation: Full-time benefited; salaried; exempt position. The salary and benefits for this position are negotiable and depend on the candidate’s work experience and qualifications.
Location: This position is located in Cleveland, Ohio.
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful letter of interest to: CoachSamCleveland@gmail.com. All submissions are confidential.