The Center for Music Therapy Administrative Assistant/Registrar advances and supports
the mission, vision, and core values of The Cleveland Music School Settlement (The
Music Settlement) through maintaining organization of the Music Therapy office and
Center facilities and communication with consumers and related personnel.
Reports to: Interim Chair, Center for Music Therapy
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Work in tandem with The Music Settlement Center for Music Therapy’s Interim Chair to ensure smooth, consistent, accurate operational systems within the center.
- Demonstrate positive response to supervision, including compliance, follow through and feedback.
- Follow Policies and Procedures guidelines of The Music Settlement and its Center for Music Therapy.
- Manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain files, office and center facilities in orderly manner.
- Complete tasks related to client waiting list, registration, billing and 3rd party payment management, and demographics; therapist attendance and schedules; ordering of supplies and dispensing information and resources; departmental projects; special events; and other assignments as directed by supervisor(s) and Center for Music Therapy.
- Maintain regular office hours and availability to staff, faculty, and consumers.
- Attend regularly occurring and scheduled events as directed by supervisor(s) and Center for Music Therapy.
- High school diploma required. Bachelors Degree desired. Clinical support experience desired.
Administrative Assistant/Registrar must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills, experience and knowledge of Windows, MS Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat, or comparable programs, as well as the organization’s current registration and enrollment system. Personally adhere to all established personnel policies and practices of The Music Settlement. In providing administrative and registration assistance in the Center for Music Therapy, the individual must encourage a respectful, healthy, and productive work environment for the staff and clients with whom he/she interacts.
The Music Settlement is an equal opportunity employer and shall not discriminate in employment or admission on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law, in the administration of its employment or educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other school-administered policies and programs.