- This event has passed.
Nonprofit Leaders’ Breakfast: The Foundation Community’s Racial Equity Journey and What it Means for Our Nonprofits
August 25, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
The Foundation Community’s Racial Equity Journey and What it Means for Our Nonprofits Join BVU and keynote speaker and Philanthropy Ohio President and CEO, Deborah Aubert Thomas, to learn about funders’ internal racial equity practices, policies and culture, as well as external practices related to grantmaking, convening, and community partners in the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) space. Expert panelists include:
- Heather Clayton Terry, Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation
- Kathy Hallissey, The Cleveland Foundation
We will unpack the following themes:
- Foundations’ priorities around DEI;
- Resources that funders recommend organizations explore;
- What funders are looking for – examples of who’s doing it well;
- Action steps NPOs can take to advance DEI – and meet funders’ requests for progress;
- How to measure your DEI efforts – and tell the story to funders;
- How to get support for the DEI work you want to do.
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL. PLEASE EMAIL INFO@BVUVOLUNTEERS.ORG WITH ANY QUESTIONS
Thank you to our generous event sponsor: