We hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy during this difficult and complicated time. While many businesses begin to re-open and re-imagine how they will operate moving forward, we have a very exciting new program of Business Volunteers Unlimited.
HandsOn Northeast Ohio has decided to dissolve as its own 501(c)(3). We are thrilled to announce that HandsOn programs will become a service offering of Business Volunteers Unlimited (BVU). It is clear this decision will strengthen nonprofits and community engagement throughout our region.
HandsOn programs will be a part of BVU’s robust volunteer engagement services. This will allow BVU to offer even more projects and volunteer opportunities and have a greater impact in the community. The synergy between both organizations’ work is undeniable. BVU’s work continues to connect volunteers to the community nonprofits that need help.
Here is an overview of what is to come:
What will stay the same:
- The name: the program will be known as HandsOn at BVU;
- The ability to volunteer for regular, reoccurring projects via the HandsOn Opportunity Calendar;
- The ability to provide additional impact by becoming a Volunteer Leader;
- The Homeless Stand Down;
- Fully managed projects for Businesses (projects that have all supplies provided and are led by a HandsOn staff person).
What will be discontinued:
- HandsOn NEO will no longer be a separate 501(c)(3);
What will be new:
- Offering BOTH date specific and on-going volunteer opportunities;
- More National Days of Service to get involved with;
- BVU will be able to serve nonprofits with BOTH referral based and fully managed business team volunteer projects;
- Nonprofits will be able to post all their volunteer needs in one place.
Please know that we are very committed to you, our volunteers, nonprofits, supporters and community, and we hope that you are just as excited as we are for HandsOn at Business Volunteers Unlimited. Stay tuned for more information and volunteer projects.