- This event has passed.
Cocktails with Champions featuring Dr. Akram Boutros
October 27 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
Connect with other professionals over a casual zoom happy hour event. Hear from President and Chief Executive Officer of The MetroHealth System, Akram Boutros.
Dr. Akram Boutros
In his seven years as the President and CEO of MetroHealth, the public health system in Cleveland, Akram Boutros, MD, FACHE, has galvanized political leaders, entrepreneurs and the community around an inspiring and comprehensive model of health care that goes beyond traditional medicine to include distributing healthy food and providing educational opportunities, job training, legal services and more throughout the community it serves.
He speaks publicly about his passions:
- Health care as a social justice issue
- Investing in institutions that matter
- The importance of public hospitals and the role they play in economic development, housing, education, violence, poverty and other social determinants of health
- Advocating for the care of everyone, especially the underserved
- Love as Leadership
He has spoken throughout the Cleveland area and across the country to graduating medical students, City Club audiences, at NEJM Catalyst and Becker’s Hospital Review annual meetings and as the keynote of the Cleveland YWCA’s “It’s Time to Talk” forum on race.
His community service includes serving on the boards of:
- America’s Essential Hospitals
- American Hospital Association Section for Metro Hospitals Governing Council
- Blockland Cleveland 1.0
- Blockland Cleveland 2.0
- Cuyahoga Community College Foundation
- Global Center for Health Innovation
- Greater Cleveland Partnership
- The MetroHealth Foundation
- Select Assurance Captive
- Unify Project
|In Partnership with:
Free EventRegister Now