Business Volunteers Unlimited is pleased to announce an Accounting and Human Resources fellow opportunity with The Rainey Institute
Rainey Institute is a 501(c)(3) visual and performing arts organization serving over 2500 Cleveland youth every year and is looking for an experienced accounting and human resource professional to join our team. The Accounting and Human Resource Administrator is responsible, under the supervision of the Executive Director, for the full range of accounting tasks involved in the financial management of the organization including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, account analysis and reconciliation, budget preparation and financial reporting, as well as a broad range of Human Resource responsibilities. This position will also support some general office management and executive support. The ideal candidate is a highly detail-oriented, motivated self-starter, with excellent organizational and communication skills. The ideal candidate is growth-oriented with a passion for excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Processes payroll for an average of 60 employees bi-monthly
- Reconciles tax and bank accounts
- Generates financial reports
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system, including historical records
- Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions
- Assist with year-end audit/tax returns
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, and orientation process for all new employees
- Coordinates and tracks training
- Assist in developing and the implementation of employee policies
- Support the preparation for the performance evaluation process
- Administer and track benefits
Office Management & Executive Support
- Filing annual reports with state agencies
- General IT Troubleshooting / Software Installation
- Maintain and track maintenance requests
- Maintain organization calendar
- Prepare and respond to correspondence as requested
- Attend administrative team meetings
- Participate in Special Projects
- Other support as requested
- Minimum of Associate Degree within accounting and/or hr field
- Minimum of 3 years bookkeeping experience
- Minimum of 3 years human resource administration experience
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, Microsoft Office
- Experience in office management
- Excellent communication skills across multiple channels, written, spoken, phone, in person
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and interrupt-driven environment
- Willingness to accept projects that range from minor tasks to complex projects.
- Self-motivated and responsible.
Term: 1,000 hours over a 12-month period (January 2020 – March 2020)
Location: 1705 East 55th Street, Cleveland Ohio 44103
To be considered for this opportunity, please contact Sarah Castle (firstname.lastname@example.org) for application materials
The BVU Fellows Program matches the talents of highly skilled professionals with local nonprofits to engage a transformative project that benefits the community. For more information, visit our webpage BVU
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills. It is subject to review and change in accordance with the needs of Rainey Institute.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.