Office and Database Coordinator
Reports To: Vice President, Administration
Responsible for the overall maintenance and data entry of BVU’s database which is used to store information from BVU’s nonprofits, businesses and individual clients. The Office and Database Coordinator will provide administrative, technical, and database support to the BVU staff as directed; answer incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner; handle incoming/outgoing mail; general office administrative tasks, assist with special projects as needed; additional duties as directed.
Database Coordination Responsibilities:
- Enter data into BVU’s main database that comes in directly from customers and staff.
- Maintain existing data for accurate records.
- Create, send, update surveys using Survey Monkey.
- Assist Sr. Director, Marketing with data entry, query/reporting development, desktop support, and technology updates.
- Assist Director, Outreach and Nonprofit Engagement with all database aspects of the intake of nonprofit needs via contact from BVU’s website, telephone, or email.
- Assist VP, Nonprofit Engagement with nonprofit and membership renewal process.
- Assist VP, Administration with various reporting and spreadsheets.
- Scan and upload client information into database.
- Enter general information into database; keep mailing list accurate and up-to-date.
- Create queries and reports as directed.
- Create mailing and email lists.
- Support any staff/volunteers with database help.
Office Coordination Responsibilities:
- First to greet visitors and answer incoming telephone calls. Handle all calls and visitors accordingly. Proper poise and telephone etiquette must be used at all times.
- Operate BVU’s voice mail system daily.
- Respond to phone or email queries related to BVU services and direct to appropriate staff member while providing excellent customer service.
- Provide documents, reports, forms, and statistical reports for all staff members as directed. Consistently produce high quality word processing services.
- Pick-up, open and distribute incoming mail. Stamp and drop-off all outgoing mail. Maintain postage in BVU’s postage machine.
- Maintain BVU’s check register and reconcile monthly; distribute checks according to directions.
- Keep inventory of office supplies and order as directed.
- Indians Volunteer Challenge (April thru August) — run a list of participating volunteers weekly and send out e-communication that their hours were received and a voucher will be distributed to them shortly.
- Assist BVU staff with preparation of mailings including copying, emailing, labeling, sorting and stuffing envelopes.
- Provide filing, scanning, copying, fax services, and additional clerical support services as needed.
- Assist in preparing BVU’s board consultation packets, new member packets, presentation packets and seminar packets for all directors as needed.
- Participate in cross-training as needed.
- Assist with preparation of attendee seminar packets.
- Monitor seminar attendee’s payment status so that all attendees are paid in advance.
- Provide additional seminar assistance as requested.
- Provide support for any meetings, events, programs and activities.
- Provide additional services as directed.
Required: Must have 3 years related administrative/technical computer experience with typing skills of 50WPM or greater. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Power Point, Word, Excel and data entry required, poise and manner in dealing with general public and businesses and community leaders, and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Individual must be very customer service oriented, have excellent skills in telephone etiquette, communication, data entry, typing, grammar, filing, organization, and intermediate technical skills. The position requires some independent judgment.
All qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
BVU is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity. 2/2019