Position: Managing Director, Business Engagement
Reports to: President & CEO
Responsible for leading the BVU Business Engagement Team for maintaining and growing BVU business memberships/sponsorships in the Cleveland/Akron market; and execution of strategic plan as it relates to business engagement.
Business Development Leadership
- Lead the Business Engagement Team responsible for $790K in business partnerships annually. This includes developing strategy and metrics for engaging current members and attracting 100K annual in new business partnerships (membership/sponsorship).
- Serve as staff lead on the BVU Business Membership Committee of BVU Board, work with assigned BVU Board members as it relates to business membership development and participation.
- Support nurture marketing efforts to attract prospects.
- Present at various community forums to attract BVU members.
- Lead BVU business service activities and report on the status of business memberships as it relates to dashboard, forecast and budget for strategic decision making.
- Work closely with the BVU Business Team to ensure the business members’ needs are being addressed by BVU services. Assess current service offering and propose new.
- Institute benchmarking data on corporate community engagement to educate and compare businesses regionally and nationally to attract new members and provide strategic options for current members
- Support the research and development of Advocate Model to attract/engage new markets and members for BVU engagement.
Develop and maintain relationships with BVU business members in identifying priorities and coordinating BVU services to strengthen their community engagement efforts. Serve as an account manager for assigned BVU business members providing multiple touch points throughout the year (face-to-face and email/phone contact) including
- Onboard new business members.
- Meet with members to identify company’s community engagement priorities, educate them in a broad range of BVU services including community engagement consulting, governance training, board matching, pro bono consulting, team volunteering, etc., and develop an annual plan for BVU engagement.
- Make Lunch and Learn Presentations at businesses providing overview of NEO’s nonprofit sector and BVU services.
- Coordinate with BVU staff on program usage (board matching, LNL, team projects, pro bono, etc.).
- Nurture business member relationships and communicate regularly throughout the year with assigned business members on their usage including half year letters and renewal.
- Review BVU services provided and develop annual renewal of BVU engagement
- Communicate and sell BVU sponsorship opportunities.
BVU Corporate Community Engagement Events
- Work with the BVU Business Team to identify topics/resources to plan, promote and implement BVU Business Partner Breakfasts held 3 times a year for BVU partners to network and share best practices.
- Plan and implement the annual BVU Business Summit reflecting current Corporate Social Responsibility trends.
- Attend various BVU and community events and represent/promoting BVU – Summer of Service, Cocktails with Champions, etc.
Other duties as assigned.
- College degree required and prior sales experience.
- A high energy, positive, highly motivated self-starter with a personal commitment to volunteerism.
- Knowledge of the Northeast Ohio business and nonprofit community.
- Experience in corporate community engagement a plus.
- Poise and customer-oriented orientation required in communicating with business and nonprofit leaders, and the general public through excellent written and verbal skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with business contacts.
- Maintain a high level of activity while being attentive to detail.
- Ability to drive independently on regular basis throughout Northeast Ohio and knowledge of this region is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Social Media preferred.
All qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
It is the policy of BVU to provide equal opportunity to all persons, based on merit and qualifications, without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age or handicap, including disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. This includes recruiting, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and all other factors involved in the treatment of applicants and employees.