Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center (CHSC) is seeking an ambitious Human Resources professional to create alignment in the culture, values, and HR practices of a community service anchor in Northeast Ohio as it enters its second century of service. The goal is to bolster employee engagement and retention through visioning and strategy that ensures a consistent and respectful experience for our staff throughout the lifecycle of employment.
The mission of Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center is to be the premier provider of hearing, speech-language, interpreting, and deafness services, education and advocacy in the community, helping people to connect through communication.
The Fellow will:
- Mentor/consult with the Director of Finance and Administration and newly appointed human Resources Leader
- Conduct a comprehensive audit of CHSC Human Resources practices
- Identify strength, weaknesses, and opportunities to key organization leaders
- Creating a general Human Resources plan/strategy
- Assisting with revisions with the current CHSC policy handbook
- Develop a metric for measuring employee engagement and satisfaction
- Design a system and processes for recruitment, hiring, and onboarding for new employees
The ideal candidate will have significant professional experience in Human Resources. Experience in the nonprofit sector is a plus.
Term: up to 1,000 hours over a 6-month period (January 2019-June 2019)
Location: 11635 Euclid Ave. Cleveland, OH 44106
The BVU Fellows Program matches the talents of highly skilled professionals with local nonprofits to engage a transformative project that benefits the community