A Cleveland based social service organization is seeking an individual to help guide and develop a Human Resources team member that is currently in transition from previous leadership. We are looking for a fellow that can help evaluate and mentor this current role and provide resources and best practices that can be used in the future of this role to set them up for success.
The department is in need of guidance and insight into Federal, State and Local employment laws and requirements. The consultant will provide feedback and best practices designed to increase the efficiency of the Human Resources Department. The role is to help evaluate and mentor a newly developing H.R. team in transition from previous leadership. The department is in need of guidance and insight into some select Federal, State and Local employment laws and requirements. The position will provide feedback and best practices designed to increase the efficiency and efficacy of the Human Resources function.
The Fellow will
- Work with the leadership team to help prepare and develop the HR role
- Review of basic Human Resources procedures and hiring strategies
- Training in areas related to COBRA, FMLA, Workers Compensation, elective deferrals to 403(b) and the process of employment litigation
- Develop a comprehensive online HR calendar
- Assist in mentoring and training
- Institute new processes and tools to expedite hiring and better track recruiting information
- Help develop a comprehensive action plan to resolve deficiencies within the Human Resources Department
The ideal candidate will have significant professional 5-10 years’ experience in Human Resources and training.
Term: 1,000 hours over a 12-month period
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Stipend: $20,000 for a full year
BVU Fellows Program is part of Encore Cleveland, a national effort to leverage the energy and experience of Americans who seek to fill community needs upon retirement or near the end of their primary careers.
To be considered for this opportunity, please contact Sarah Castle at skrzys@BVUvolunteers.org or 216-736-7711.